View upcoming courses on our training calendar
Includes local government short courses and qualifications, WHS/compliance training required by councils & professional development for Local Government.
We have extensive experience in tailoring courses to the needs of local government. LGTI offers training that can be customised to suit your organisations requirements.
LGTI is one of the leading providers of Local Government qualifications to councils across Australia. View our training calendar today.
- We encourage everyone in our training centre to adhere to handwashing and hygiene practices and practice social distancing.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not visit our training centre and please seek medical support.
- Please take your own measures to respond to COVID-19 in line with Australian Government COVID-19 guidelines.
If you have any questions at all about training during this pandemic, contact us.
Local Government Training Institute
Phone: 02 49 222 333
Fax: 02 4966 0655
Post: PO Box 3137, Thornton NSW 2322
or contact us via email here
Who we are
About us in short
LGTI offers nationally recognised qualifications, specialising in business and local government, from Certificate III to Graduate Diploma.
The Local Government Training Institute (LGTI) is a Registered Training Organisation located in Thornton, just outside of Newcastle, in the Hunter Valley.
LGTI offers specialised training services to Local Government, industry and the general public.
We deliver training to councils across Australia.
Benefits of training
Commencing a certificate program with LGTI has benefits including:
- Our trainers have extensive experience in local government
- Flexible delivery, including online, correspondence and face-to-face options
- Participants can enroll at any time for most programs.
- Councils may enroll one staff member or a whole group
- Support for all participants via phone and email
View all of our courses start training today